Colour test samples and landscape collages

Last week I sampled my colour themes to manipulate architectural buildings. Below I have used cuts of the whole image as I wish to use the full image for the test itself (I will post full images after conducting the test). Here are some samples so far:







I kept the features simplistic as I wanted to focus purely on colour and not graphic detail. As can be seen I am using the colour schemes from my previous post I created. In order to avoid anyone guessing right by deliberating choosing the opposite 'style' in contrast to colour, I will depict around half of the images as their true style using their accurate colour theme. I hope by doing this I can make sure the participants are choosing on colour and whatever architectural sense they may have.

Whilst creating these test samples I noticed that windows can, depending on the context, have a very visible identity in architecture. By using these 4 motifs as seen below I realised that even the shape of a window can alter the style of a building vastly and play a very crucial part for identifying the architectural style of a building.





In addition I did some quick cut and paste collages using nature/architectural elements from Pakistan to create references for potential fantasy landscapes. The images themselves are not refined however I feel that by doing this I was able to consider viewpoints and how certain positions can set the overall mood for the image itself as can be seen below. I feel that all three images depict various scenarios: 'stepping onto a vast landscape' by the framing of the tree, 'searching for an answer' by looking upwards to the sky and 'sipping a cup of tea watching people pass by' by peering through an archway outside. 

I thought by doing this I could start to develop my own scenarios which would fit within my fantasy world. I also believe by using real references I can accurately depict details which I hadn't fully considered yet e.g. the jagged edges of a mountain side, the intricate woodwork carving of a column or the glimmer of a turquoise pool etc. I will continue to analyse this more after finishing with my street view and colour tests. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Street View, Colour Schemes and Finished Maya Model

Mage & warrior design development