Jewellery warrior development & light studies

I spent this past week finalising the jewellery warrior design by developing the last stage of design I'd reached with the 4 versions of alternating headgear and weaponry. I chose the heavy helmet + metal weapons to fit the rules I'd established for the jewellery theme (less decorative, more smooth metal planes). I played around with the headgear more and created alternative versions as seen below using colour palettes and motifs from the latest jewellery mage design I created. I also changed the rope design to create a more 'metal' look with chain links which due to their sharpness 'bite' the limbs when wrapped round. In addition I drew up some quick drafts of alternate weapons such as the sword which adapts from the chain aesthetic to form a 'chain' through a series of diamond shaped blades attached to each other. The sword blade is also detachable and made more portable (scale of sword is big as to exaggerate its appeal).


I will draw up a full colour version of the jewellery warrior with these developments in mind to create a finalised design before I summarise this semester's work for my submission tomorrow.

---


Whilst I developed the final character of my series  I took a break to do some light studies to revisit the basics, take a break from colour and go back to my traditional art set up - greyscale shading. However instead of pencil and paper I tried digitally painting the studies so I could practise the medium further. Not much to say except that I enjoyed using greyscale but found it harder to shade digitally than manually. With practise I'm sure I can become better at it...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Street View, Colour Schemes and Finished Maya Model

Mage & warrior design development