Concept Ideas & Using Maya

Over the past few days I have been developing different areas such as using a rougher style in digital art, looking at various South Asian art/architecture styles and improving my 3D modelling in Maya.

Firstly I looked at cityscapes to develop mood schemes to use in background art:



From these colour palettes I did quick drafts of landscape backgrounds:







I have been looking at South Asian architecture for concept art references to develop my street view and started drafting initial ideas which looked at a 'rougher' style which ensured I could complete it fairly quickly and still retain its core motif/s to make it visibly 'South Asian' architecture.

Below is an example I did of the Iron Pillar in Delhi where I retained the core elements of the arch and pillar, yet went for a pop art style in colour scheme in an attempt to 'modernise' the architecture:




I am still unsure as to whether this colour choice was right as I am attempting to create a fantasy world using South Asian architecture and environmental elements, so should I stick to 'authentic' colours as I critiqued in my previous post about the authenticity of cultures represented, or should I continue with my attempt to modernise old architecture to make it more appealing to today's audience?

In addition, I have been developing my 3D modelling skills in Maya to create a 3D weapon and have managed to create so far the blade in full 3D:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Street View, Colour Schemes and Finished Maya Model

Mage & warrior design development